Move-in & Move-out Schedules
(April 6, 2017)
- 8am - 12pm
- 12pm - 4pm
- 4pm - 6pm
Show dates and hours
Friday, April 7: 12:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, April 8: 10:00am – 8:00pm
Sunday, April 9: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday, April 6: 8:00am – 11:00pm Friday, April 7: 7:00am – 11:30am
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, North Building Halls A & B 255 Front Street West Toronto, Ontario M5W 2W6
Green Living Enterprises 70 The Esplanade Toronto, Ontario 416-360-0044 ext. 332
• Adult Admission $15.00 • Seniors/Students $10.00 • Children under 12 FREE (must be accompanied by an adult) • Group Rate $8.00pp (15+ persons) • School Group Rate: $8.00pp (10+ persons)
Box office special Friday evening: $10 after 4pm (save $5 on regular Adult admission)
Re-Admission Policy Free re-admission. Buy 1 adult, student or senior ticket and return to the show for free all weekend.
Show management• Robert Orlovski, VP Events • Leslie Haber, Director, Sales & Sponsorship • Janaki Hadida, Director, Engagement & Special Projects • Richard Lennon, Program Manager
Provincial regulations under the Ontario Health and Safety Act require that no one under the age of 16 be on the show floor during set up and tear down hours.
Do not bring under aged children into the building during those hours as there are no facilities for them.
- Exhibitor badges will be provided based on square footage of booth space.
- Six badges are allotted for every 100 sq ft, up to 200 sq. ft. For booths 400 sq. ft. and above, 12 badges will be allotted to your company. It is a requirement that your volunteers/staff turn in their badges to the Exhibitor Registration (Level 200 - street level) at the end of their shifts for re-use by the next individuals working your booth (unless the volunteer is working your booth the entire weekend – or two consecutive days). This recycling system will cut down on paper waste from printing excess badges. Please note that any on site reprints required by the exhibitor will cost $5.00 per badge.
- Badges will list your company name only.
- Your volunteers and staff must check in at show office, located in Exhibitor Registration (Level 200 - street level), for badge pick up and drop off. They will be asked to sign for the badges upon pick-up.
- We encourage you to avoid the Friday line-ups and pick-up your badges at the Exhibitor Registration (Level 200 - street level) during move-in on Thursday, April 6, 2017.
- Exhibits must be staffed during all hours of the event.
- Staff must not solicit attendees or distribute literature or samples from outside of their booth. Failure to comply could result in ejection from the show.
- Sponsorship opportunities exist where contact is possible outside of your contracted booth. If interest, please contact your account director for more information.
- Full drape booth walls are standard for all booths. This provides exhibitors with maximum space and a more professional look to individual booths.
- All booths must adhere to an 8ft maximum height
- Booth designs must adhere to the booth guidelines document (https://exhibitors.greenlivingshow.ca/wpcontent/uploads/2016/12/Booth-DesignGuidelines.pdf) to ensure all exhibitors and their products have a fair advantage to be seen.
- Any variance to these guidelines must be approved by Show Management prior to move-in. Any variances that have not been approved may be required to be altered on site at the exhibitor’s expense.
- Standard booth draping (black) will be provided. Each booth must have adequate flooring coverage for 100% of the area.
- Tables must be professionally skirted.
- Use of canopies, platforms, specialty lighting or truss work could result in restrictions or obligations on the part of the exhibitor. Please speak with Show Management for approval.
- Exhibitors wishing to lay tile or any other floor covering cannot adhere it directly to the building floor – building paper, plastic covering or some other protective layer must be used.
- Displays cannot encroach on doorways or any fire extinguishing equipment.
- Platform exceeding 100 sq ft in projected floor area
- Displays with a canopy or tent structure
- Booths with a height that exceeds eight feet
- Two story or mezzanine booths – City permit required
- Enclosed office or showroom space with an occupancy of 60 or more people
- Any type of vehicle or trailer
- Booths that contain stairs or risers
- Booths that contain propane or natural gas equipment
- All contests must be approved by Show Management so that we can ensure compliance with Canadian law rules and regulations. A copy of the ballot and contest rules must accompany your contest request and sent to Green Living no later than March 7, 2017.
- Some contests may be denied due to sponsorship conflicts.
- All exhibitors must adhere to privacy laws. Attendee contact information must not be sold to outside companies.
- Both the Competition Act and the Criminal Code have regulations overseeing contest protocol. See contest guidelines document: (https://exhibitors.greenlivingshow.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Contest-Requirements.pdf)
- Exhibitors are responsible for obtaining all required licenses and permits to use music, photographs or other copyrighted materials in their booths. Show Management reserves the right to remove any materials which are not accompanied by the proper documentation.
- The exhibitor will indemnify and hold harmless Show Management, the facility, their agents and employees from all loss, costs, claims, causes of action, suits, damages and liabilities.
Official customs clearance services are provided by Mendelssohn Commerce. Please contact Maria Bava at 416-863-9339 ext. 234, if any materials are coming from or going to a non-Canadian location.
- It is expected that your booth space will be left the way it was found.
- Use of non-official tape, such as duct tape, could result in additional cleaning charges. Non-official tape is not permitted to affix your floor covering to the floor. Double-sided Scapa tape, low tack cloth gaffer tape or transfeRite are the only tapes permitted for use on the cement floor (on exhibit halls). It can be purchased onsite from our Show decorator—GES—if needed.
- The distribution of stickers is not recommended, as any removal of these stickers will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- It is prohibited to affix anything to building pillars, pipes, flooring or supports.
- All vehicles must abide by the arrival and departure schedules and procedures established by the Licensor, or the Licensor’s service contractor.
- Any vehicle that drips oil or other staining solutions may not be operated within the Centre without a drip pan or dry absorption powder. Responsible parties will be charged cleaning costs for staining solutions not removed.
- No motorized vehicle may be operated on carpeted areas under any circumstances. Exceptions may be authorized by the Director of Event Coordination or Operations Manager. When motorized vehicles are approved for use on carpeted areas, a protective sheet of visqueen, tarpaulin or comparable material is to be used to eliminate damages from leaks of gas, oil etc.
- All vehicles being displayed in the Centre must have drip pans underneath them and pads under all tires.
- Fuel tanks containing fuel, or which have ever contained fuel shall be maintained less than 1⁄2 full. Caps for fuel tanks fill pipes shall be of the locking type and be maintained locked to prevent viewer inspection. If they cannot be locked, they shall be taped shut.
- The electrical system shall be de-energized by either: a) Removing the battery or b) Disconnecting both battery cables and covering them with electrical tape or other similar insulating material.
- Tanks containing propane shall be maintained less than 1⁄2 full. Vehicles may be driven in and positioned. Engine should remain running, with valve shut off. Allow engine to run until all of the fuel line is used up. Turn ignition off.
- Must provide a contact name and phone number of the person responsible to remove the vehicle(s) to the Manager of the show and Event Manager.
Please review the MTCC Safety Manual: https://exhibitors.greenlivingshow.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Electrical-and-Lighting-Order-Form.pdf
Please review the MTCC Safety Manual: https://exhibitors.greenlivingshow.ca/wp-content/uploads/GreenLivingShow2017_MTCC_Exhibitor_Kit_Forms.pdf
- On May 28, 1998 the Ministry of Labour conducted a site tour of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre facilities & determined that the exhibit levels during a move-in and move-out are considered construction sites, therefore, all workers must wear protective footwear as stipulated in the Occupational Health & Safety Act. The Occupational Health & Safety Act states “A worker exposed to the hazard of a foot injury shall wear foot protection appropriate in the circumstances” (R.R.O. 1990 reg 851-S82).
- All exhibitors, service providers and Show Management personnel working on the show floor during move-in and move-out periods are required to wear approved personal protective equipment (PPE), such as CSA approved (or equivalent) safety shoes, hard hats, harnesses, gloves and safety eyewear and is to be used when warranted by safety considerations. All exhibitor service providers must adhere to the Provincial Ministry of Labour Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario regulation 213/91 and 851/90 Industrial. Anyone found not wearing approved safety shoes will be immediately asked to leave the exhibit hall.
- Safety in the workplace is an important issue for all of us and the Convention Centre appreciates your full co-operation and support with this important issue.
- Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michel Genier, Operations Manager at (416) 585-8278.
The Green Living Show is making every effort to minimize waste and reduce the size of our carbon footprint. We ask that you carefully consider your booth design, giveaways, packaging, packing materials and waste management to make it as sustainable as possible.
Exhibitors must use 100% recycled or FSC-certified paper and consider an environmentally sound printing process when planning for brochures, pamphlets and business cards to be handed out at the Show. We want to stay true to the purpose of the Show to help guide Show attendees to living a greener lifestyle. The attendees are observant and will expect the Show and its exhibitors to be leading the way in environmental sustainability. Please act responsibly and wherever possible—go green!
For your interest, the Show website features The Green Living Show’s green initiatives here: http://www.greenlivingshow.ca/green-initiatives/.
Aside from food and beverage as well as products that have been previously been passed by our Green Screening Committee, all free handout items must be approved by Show Management. Please contact Leslie Haber at ext. 211 or email@example.com.
Show Management reserves the right to prohibit product handouts that do not meet the standards of the Green Screening Committee. With paper pamphlets and brochures, we ask that you keep these handouts to a minimum. Exhibitors must use FSC-certified paper and consider an environmentally sound printing process when planning for these handouts. Our recommended printer is Warren’s Waterless Printing: www.warrenswaterless.com.
Helium balloons require written authorization. Please see authorization form in the Safety Manual: https://exhibitors.greenlivingshow.ca/wp-content/uploads/GreenLivingShow2017_MTCC_Exhibitor_Kit_Forms.pdf
- Comprehensive liability insurance shall provide a minimum limit of liability of two million dollars ($2,000,000) for bodily injury and/or property damage in any one occurrence, shall include a cross-liability clause, shall name Green Living Enterprises as additional insured and shall provide that it will not be cancelled or materially altered prior to the termination of the Occupancy Period.
- Automobile liability insurance, where applicable, shall provide third party liability insurance with a minimum limit of two million dollars ($2,000,000).
- Visit the following website for more information. https://www.hubinternational.com/ontario/industries/sports-entertainment-media/online-purchase/exhibitors/#Overview
Thu, April 6, 2017, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. | Fri, April 7, 2017, 7:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- All exhibits must be show ready by 11:30am Friday, April 7, 2017. A detailed move-in schedule, including time and date, will be sent out to all exhibitors by the end of February.
- The use of standard forklifts (up to 5,000lbs) to unload and load trucks is provided by the show during official move-in hours. Should any booths require forklift service within their booth or loads heavier than 5,000lbs, you must make arrangements with GES. A fee will apply.
- A limited supply of standard dollies will be available for exhibitor use.
- Labour required to unload materials or set up your booth display is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
We will provide a more detailed move out procedure nearer the Show time, however please note the following:
- To promote an efficient and safe event move out, we will provide a scheduled move out time, similar to the colour coded move in plan.
- Exhibitors are reminded that advanced freight services are available to exhibitors through ABF. This service allows exhibitors to have their booth hardware collected from the MTCC after the event and shipped to you for hassle free service. Please contact Mark Romanowicz at 905-458-5888 for prices.
ABF – Shipping of materials to and from the Show.
Contact Mark Romanowicz at 905-458-5888
GES – Rentals for carpet, tables, chairs, signage, in-booth forklift etc. as well as questions regarding move-in/move-out.
Contact Clement Dwyer, ESE at 905-283-0512
HKMB – Temporary insurance coverage.
Contact Ben Rossington at 416-597-0555 x 393
Mendelssohn Commerce – Customs Broker.
Contact Maria Brava at 416-863-9339
MTCC – Exclusive cleaning, parking, internet service, phone services.
Contact Monika Wilczewski at 416-585-8390
SHOWTECH Power & Lighting – Exclusive electricity, sign hanging, plumbing.
Contact Tracy Landry at 416-585-8109
- The MTCC parking operates supervised parking lots.
- All orders must be received by Friday, March 10, in order to qualify for the discounted rate. To order a parking pass, please see the parking pass order form. (https://exhibitors.greenlivingshow.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Parking-Pass-Order-Form.pdf)
- Parking passes are to be picked up at the Exhibitor Services counter in the exhibit hall during event move-in/set up. If you are unable to pick up your parking passes during regular service hours, they may also be picked up at the closest Parking Office after the service desk has closed or up to one hour prior to the end of the event. Parking Offices are located at the entrance/exit of the parking garages in the North Building (Level 5A) or the South Building (off of Level 600). The parking passes are required to exit the garage.
All booths must be paid in full prior to move-in. Exhibitors will not be permitted to set up their booth space until their account has been settled.
- Any consumer complaints regarding the sale of exhibitor goods or services will be immediately brought to the exhibitor’s attention.
- All sales including credit card sales must be in Canadian funds. Currency must be clearly marked on the sales receipt.
- It is necessary that exhibitors provide a proof of purchase receipt to their customers.
- The MTCC is EXCLUSIVE in food and beverage services at the facility. No exhibitors are allowed to sell food and beverage on site except for those F&B exhibitors under Ontario Pavilion, approved by Show management.
- Any exhibitors wishing to do food and non-alcoholic beverages sampling must be approved by both the facility and Show Management and will be limited to sample sizes
- Exhibitors must stay within the sample guidelines outlined on the sampling & food operation requirements document. (https://exhibitors.greenlivingshow.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Sampling-FoodBeverage-Authorization-Form.pdf)
- Please fill out the food sales & sampling application form and send it to Fang Yuan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for building approval.
- Please submit a copy of your Toronto Public Health application by fax (416-642-1711) or email (email@example.com) no later than Friday, February 24, 2017.
- In an effort to reduce waste, all sampling materials must be biodegradable. If you would like information on suppliers of biodegradable cutlery, cups etc: we recommend CoreSales http://www.coresales.ca/index.asp
- Exhibitors are ultimately responsible for their own booth security.
- Uniformed guards are on duty 24 hours a day. Please show them your courtesy as they perform their duties.
- You can contract your own overnight booth security, should you wish. Please confirm this with Show Management should you choose to do so.
- Do not leave valuables unattended and ensure the Show floor is clear of attendees before exiting your booth.
- Materials can be shipped in advance and stored at the official carrier’s warehouse for delivery to site. Call ABF to arrange details (905-458-5888).
- Show Management strongly recommends the use of the official carrier to reduce any delays on site due to waiting for access to the unloading areas.
Materials shipped directly to show site must be clearly marked. Labels should be marked:
Company name/contact name/booth number
The Green Living Show
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
North Building Halls A & B
255 Front Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5W 2W6
NOTE: For security reasons, improperly marked packages will be refused. Only prepaid shipments will be accepted on site. No advance shipping is accepted at the MTCC until Move-In day on April 6, 2017. Please advise your shipper to deliver directly to your booth starting April 6th.
- All signage at your booth must be professionally made. No hand written signs will be permitted. The use of blackboards are welcome given their reusable nature.
- In line booths must have one sided signs with a finished back. Only island and peninsula booths can have double sided signs if they are hung in the center of the display.
- Review the booth design guidelines document to understand the regulations for sign hanging. (https://exhibitors.greenlivingshow.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Booth-Design-Guidelines.pdf)
- No signage is permitted in the public areas unless it is pre-approved by Show management.
The MTCC is a smoke free facility. By-Law officers could be on site and any offender will be fined upon inspection.
Solicitation of exhibitors or attendees by non-exhibitors is strictly prohibited.
- Microphone systems are not permitted at the event.
- Music and other sounds will be monitored by Show Management.
- Show Management reserves the right to make necessary adjustments to control the sound levels in the event that they are becoming a nuisance to surrounding exhibitors.
- Due to City of Toronto Fire Regulations, empty containers and packing materials may not remain on the show floor while the show is open.
- During move-in, once you have unpacked your boxes and containers, obtain “EMPTY” labels from the GES Exhibitor Services Desk at the loading docks or at the Show Office. Use the labels to mark your crates, boxes and containers with your company name and booth number.
- Once the containers are labeled empty, they will be picked up from your booth by GES staff and returned to you at the end of the Show.
- Please remember that you will not have access to these containers during the Show.
- Accessible storage will be available for exhibitors. Please see GES to obtain a storage spot & accessible storage stickers.
- To learn more about the facility’s green initiatives, go to http://www.mtccc.com/planners/greenYourEvent.aspx
- If you no longer need certain materials, but someone else could use them, please arrange it with MTCC (Vivian Fleet, Sustainability Officer, at 416-585-8137) so the MTCC can donate it for you. They work with several local charities and organizations that can use items such as pens, paper and notebooks, binders, bags, samples, furniture, etc.
- Large items, such as construction materials, will need to be pre-approved for donations. Please contact Vivian Fleet at 416-585-8137
- Vendor waste should be disposed of in appropriate waste/recycling receptacles.
- Please note that vendor waste should not be disposed of in consumer waste/ recycling bins, located on the show floor.
Please review the list of forms below, to ensure you and your booth meet all necessary criteria. Please be sure to complete the mandatory forms listed.
- Booth Cleaning Order Form [Download]
- Booth Design Guidelines [Download]
- Carpet Order Form [Download]
- Contest Requirements [Download]
- Customized Rental Exhibit Info [Download]
- Draped Furniture Package Show Special [Download]
- Electrical and Lighting Order Form [Download]
- Exhibitor Services Online Order Information [Download]
- Expresso Online Ordering Information [Download]
- Factoring Green into Exhibition [Download]
- Freight and Shipping Information (ABF) [Download]
- Furnishings and Specialty Furniture Order Forms [Download]
- GES Show Special Order Forms [Download]
- GES General Information [Download]
- In Booth Forklift Order Form [Download]
- Internet Rentals Order Form [Download]
- Labour Service Order Form [Download]
- Limits of Liability and Responsibility Information [Download]
- Parking Pass Order Form [Download]
- Payment Policy Information and Forms [Download]
- Plumbing and Mechanical Order Form [Download]
- (MANDATORY) Proof of Insurance Information [Download]
- MTCC Safety Manual [Download]
- Shipping Label [Download]
- Sign Order Form [Download]
- Signage Installation Services Order Form [Download]
- Telecommunication Services Order Form [Download]
If you are a food and beverage exhibitor, please review the forms listed below to ensure you comply with sampling rules and Toronto public health regulations.
Please complete the following forms should you require that service.
Media Tool Kit
- Right click and save image
- Upload to your site
- Link to http://www.greenlivingshow.ca